Wednesday, February 07, 2007

100 Things About Me

Well, after seeing Linz and Ashley's lists, I decided I wanted to do it too. I didn't anticipate that it would take me as long as it did (like 5 days), but for my first blog post ever, here is the completed thing in all its glory!

1. I laugh a lot. Really a lot. Get me started and it goes on forever at an astounding volume.
2. I love hot chocolate. So much so that I’m contemplating making a morning 7 Eleven stop on the way to the metro so I can get a cup and fit in with everyone else at work who have their coffee cups.
3. I love Washington D.C. It’s such an amazing, exciting place.
4. I heard a funny quote today, “There’s no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.”
5. I am a newly established fan of the US Department of Agriculture. On the outside they may appear to be just meat inspectors, but trust me, they are much, much more.
6. I love writing with markers; and for some odd reason, my handwriting is always better when I use them.
7. I don’t find silence awkward. There can be awkward silences, but for the most part, I don’t mind it.
8. I really, really want to go to Newport, RI to see the mansions there from the Gilded Age.
9. If I could visit any country in the world it would be Italy… then Greece.
10. I love art history, hence the wanting to go to Italy and Greece.
11. When I was little one of my favorite things was paper. I liked to collect it. I still like paper.
12. I love the family farm in Bear Lake. I’ve spent every Memorial and Labor Day that I can remember there and want to for the rest of my life.
13. I love flowers.
14. I can often be very cheaply entertained… give me some bubble wrap and I’m good for at least an hour.
15. My favorite commercial in the world is the Sony Bravia bouncy ball advertisement. It’s amazing. (if you haven’t seen it, it’s on the web)
16. I tend to be a clumsy person… I have noticed that I’m not as bad now as I was in the past… maybe I’m becoming more graceful with age. Maybe.
17. I love learning new things. It’s so invigorating.
18. I have discovered that talking to random people is great. Often they are so eager to share things about themselves and what they do. You can learn a lot.
19. I hate grocery shopping a lot.
20. I have two younger sisters, Michelle and Natalie.
21. I am a daddy’s girl. Not in the snooty way; we’re just close.
22. One of the people I admire most is my mom—she’s so great!
23. I love organization, especially doing the organizing.
24. I think throwing stuff away (like clutter kind of stuff) is empowering and makes you feel better.
25. I have terrible karma with anything electronic. I am completely convinced that my computer at work hates me.
26. I love color. My favorite color depends on what something is. I don’t know about an overall favorite color.
27. My eyes are multi-colored. They even have gold/ brown spots in them.
28. I have an addiction to doing hand-stands.
29. I love looking at floor plan magazines.
30. I love the look of Southern houses, and architecture in general.
31. When I was little I wanted to be an artist, then a teacher, then a lawyer.
32. I am terrible at remembering to take my phone with me.
33. I have always loved school. When I was in 1st grade, my punishment was once to stay home from school. I still tried to make a break for the school bus, but I didn’t make it.
34. I LOVE musicals. When I’m listening to music, it’s usually a soundtrack from a musical.
35. My favorite season is fall.
36. I have always been young in my age group because I barely made the school year cut off.
37. I tend to fall asleep in movies.
38. I was a very dramatic child…in my head at least.
39. I am a very independent person, always have been.
40. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July-- I love the fireworks and everything about it!
41. I was born on Labor Day, haha.
42. I love Jane Austen novels… I even got the sheet music from the movies.
43. It takes me a while to become comfortable and open up to other people.
44. I love drinking water and usually have water bottles everywhere.
45. I really enjoy going to museums.
46. When I was little, I remember liking really small, confined spaces.
47. I think the inventor of Otter Pops deserves an award.
48. I like surprises, but I have the most fun snooping and finding out what the surprise is.
49. I love games and puzzles.
50. I also love crossword puzzles and when I lived at home, my dad and I would always do the Sunday morning crossword together.
51. I took piano lessons for twelve years—up until I graduated from high school.
52. I learned to love quilting from my grandma.
53. I’m not really an adrenaline junkie, but probably the most exhilarating thing I’ve ever done was the world’s tallest zip line at the Park City Olympic Park.
54. If I have a missed call on my phone from a number I don’t know, it drives me crazy.
55. I like doing calligraphy.
56. I have always had very dark, naturally curly hair. When I was born, my doctor thought I was an Indian.
57. Apparently when I was little I threw terrible tantrums, as my cousins who babysat me always remind me.
58. I love watching Jeopardy! I always wanted to be on the show when I was in high school.
59. I think lightning storms are the coolest thing to watch.
60. I am a pyro. I thoroughly enjoy playing with candles, campfires, and matches.
61. I love looking at the stars… they’re so amazing. That’s definitely the best part about camping.
62. I’ve been at BYU for three years now and still have never hiked the Y. I’m so bitter about that.
63. If there’s one thing I’ve mastered, it’s procrastination.
64. I am addicted to the game Spider Solitaire.
65. I love mint chocolate chip ice cream… actually, I really love pretty much anything mint flavored.
66. I think Excel spreadsheets are one of the greatest things ever invented!
67. I love watching the news.
68. I’m a pretty easy person to please.
69. I have a phobia of touching raw meat… I just can’t do it.
70. My favorite class I’ve ever taken was my flexibility class where I learned how to power nap… it was wonderful.
71. I love to sing out loud in the car. I’m definitely one of those people who look crazy jamming out by themselves that drive by you.
72. My favorite summertime activity is having waterfights outside. Although, my freshman year we had them inside too and it was just as much fun.
73. I adopted the life motto ‘crap of the cream’ from my high school English teacher.
74. I’ve only ever had one pet… it was a goldfish I got for serving at a neighbor’s wedding reception.
75. When I was little, I hated going to the babysitter, so one day I hid under the sink thinking that my mom would forget and leave without me so then I would be able to go play with my friends all afternoon.
76. I love pearls.
77. My favorite TV show is Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I camped out with Linz to see the unveiling when they were in Logan.
78. During my whole school career, I had to go to the principal’s office once—for prank calling from the office phone during an extracurricular party.
79. When I was little, I would turn off the light and literally have to jump onto my bed, for fear of scary things that were under the bed.
80. I was always on the front row end in all school pictures because I’m short.
81. In first grade, I remember asking my teacher how to spell the word ‘a.’ I still remember the look she gave me.
82. I always have to have my toenails painted… usually some shade of pink or red.
83. I’ve had the best luck and always had wonderful roommates who are some of my best friends ever.
84. I love going new places… it can be anywhere, I don’t care… traveling is fun!
85. Grammar mistakes drive me crazy; especially when people make ‘a lot’ one word. It is two words!
86. I can’t hold a straight face for anything.
87. I have a long list of embarrassing moments.
88. I couldn’t live without my planner or Post-It Notes
89. I don’t really like talking on the phone.
90. I think being barefoot is the best—more so in the summer than the winter, though.
91. I don’t like confrontation and try really hard to avoid it if at all possible.
92. I like walking… it’s a good chance to think and to relax.
93. When I was little I was afraid to eat fish because I thought it was gross that they were animals that had eyes and swam. I guess it never hit me that beef, bacon, etc. came from cows and pigs.
94. I believe chocolate, in some cases, is medicine.
95. I talk in my sleep. I have been told so by my roommates.
96. I have quite a few nicknames… among them: Gan, Megs, Dee, Beebee, and in 6th grade it was Gigglemonster.
97. My favorite word in the world is ‘ridiculoso.’
98. I know some Spanish, but not enough to say that I’m fluent. I would go so far as to say that I am fluent in Spanglish though.
99. I have two favorite phrases, it’s a tie between ‘is okay’ from Cala and ‘me dos’ from good old apartment 94.
100. I usually have other people write these kind of lists for me (e.g. ward directories, personal profiles, etc.) so this list took a ridiculous amount of time to do!

2 comments:

Jason&Ashley said...

Gan that is too funny! Probably my personal favorite would have to be:
"I can often be very cheaply entertained… give me some bubble wrap and I’m good for at least an hour."
Good job doing it all on your own too! YAHOO!!!

Lindsey said...

I'm so proud of you! Coming up with em all on your own! So I think I had comments on like every one, so i'll just put a couple here:
1) It's so true, and we absolutely LOVE it! And miss it!
4) Ha ha ha good one! I love it!
6) Ditto
14)He he so true, I even have pics of you entertained w/ bubble wrap...
16) Or maybe not... ;) jk i love you!
23) And your stuff is always so organized, so you organize all my crap too!
27) Your eyes are very gorgeous!
28) He he
32) And answering it even more... Grrr... ;)
37) Like all of em...
41) That's awesome, I don't think I ever made that connection! Ha ha
53) Heck yes! Freakin awesome!
60) Understatement... but just give you a box of matches and you're good for at least an hour... ha ha I think that's one of the best presents you ever got...
61) As long as you don't get run over by giant tractor tires too...
62) We'll do it, I promise!
63) Ha ha AMEN!
72) It's true...
77) Yep, and we discovered Ed is way cooler than Ty!
86) Yep, true...
90) Hence our walls... sick...
95) I can definitely attest to that...
100) Yep, it's all you now... no excuses!