Monday, March 15, 2010

Random

That word summarizes well the feeling of my life right now. Have you ever stood at the divergence of two paths that could both potentially alter your life course-- but you're not the one making the decision? That's kinda how I feel right now and I can't decide if it's better or worse than being the one posed with the decision. As a person who shies at big life choices, it's kind of strange that I can't bear to wait until I know which path I'll be heading down when I should probably feel relief that I don't have to choose. Anyway, I don't mean to be so cryptic, but stay tuned for updates soon (hopefully!)



Since I'm on the topic of random, here is a quote that is given in the newest BBC version of Emma (love it!! see it.) "The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there." I know several of my last posts have been a little on the nostalgic, sappy side, but again, this quote is very appropos as I look back at my experience at BYU and realize how I'm a completely different person than when I arrived as a freshman. I've thought of all the different roommates, experiences, frustrations, etc. I've had over the past six years and I honestly am grateful for all of them!

And just for a good round-out of random and added visual interest, here is one of my favorite pictures from the 2010 Legislative session. This photographer is much braver than I would be. I know the picture doesn't capture it adequately, but his ladder is poised on the landing of a large set of marble stairs as well as just in front of that gap between the stairrail with another very hard marble floor on the level beneath. I LOVE the capitol.

No comments: