Thursday, June 10, 2010

Quick Update

The adventure has officially begun! I am sitting in the Vancouver airport, awaiting an endurance-testing 13-hour flight to Hong Kong :). I hope to be able to post pictures and updates to this blog, but have heard it rumored that blogspot is blocked in China.... we'll see.

As a start, today I left Salt Lake around 7:30 am and arrived in Seattle. I'd never been to Seattle before and my impression of the city is resounding approval! We visited Pike's Place Market and I got to see the live version of the motivational organizational behavior movie I have seen about 3 times. I love outdoor markets like that. After that layover, I had the best 20 minute flight of my life to Vancouver. Vancouver is gorgeous. While I was somewhat disappointed in the city, the airport is fabulous and gorgeous!

PS. Please excuse any grammatical errors. I have now accumulated 2.5 hrs of sleep in 48 hours... all in the pursuit of being able to sleep through this 13 hour confinement :) Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

can't wait to hear all about your trip! (oh, and see lots of pictures!!)

;)

Megan Fuller said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Suzannah said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see your travels.